Over-the-counter (OTC) products are medicines you can buy without a doctor’s prescription.
Antacids reduce the effect of (neutralize) the acid in your stomach. They can provide fast, short-term relief. Many OTC medicines combine different antacids.
H2 blockers reduce the amount of acid your stomach makes. While they don’t relieve symptoms right away, H2 blockers relieve symptoms for a longer period of time than antacids. They usually start to work within an hour. Examples of H2 blockers available over the counter are ranitidine (brand name: Zantac) or famotidine (brand name: Pepcid).
Proton pump inhibitors greatly reduce your body’s production of acid. They work well for that isn’t resolved by antacids or H2 blockers. It may take a little longer for a proton pump inhibitor to help your symptoms than an H2 blocker, but relief will last longer. These medicines are most helpful for people who have heartburn often — more than two days a week. Omeprazole (brand name: Prilosec) is an example of a proton pump inhibitor.
Brioschi Effervescent Antacid Granules With Lemon Flavor - 4.5 Oz.
- Brioschi Effervescent Antacid has been providing heartburn treatment the world over, using only all natural ingredients to relieve heartburn symptoms and Acid indigestion, without unnecessary additives, preservatives, or harsh chemical compounds.
- Brioschi's simple effervescent formula gently returns your stomach to it's normal and comfortable condition.
- Brioschi Effervescent Antacid provides all natural heartburn relief in just 10 seconds with less ingredients.
- For Upset Stomach Due to heartburn, acid indigestion and sour stomach.
- Tamper Evident Cap Seal.
- Fast Acting.
- Pleasant Tasting.
- Lemon Flavored
- Sodium Bicarbonate 2. 69 g; Tartaric Acid 2. 43 g.
- Sucrose; Tartaric Acid; Corn Syrup; Lemon Flavor.
- Fully dissolve one capful in 4-6 ounces of cool (not cold) water before taking.
- Adults and Children 12 years and older - One dose each hour.
- Do not exceed 6 doses in 24 hours.
- Adults 60 years and older - One dose each hour.
- Do not exceed 3 doses in 24 hours.
- Children under 12 - Ask a doctor.
- Store in a cool dry place. Reseal cap tightly.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If pregnant or breast feeding , ask a health professional before use.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage. Do not use this product if you are on a sodium restricted diet, unless directed by a physician.
- Do not take more than the maximum recommended daily dosage in a 24 hour period, or use the maximum dosage of this product for more then 2 weeks, except under tha advice & supervision of a physician.
- Ask a doctor of pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug.
- Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.